Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Sun

I stand all by myself,
But I am not still.
I am spinning.
And there are many others,
They too spin,
But not as I do.
They are all around me,
Covering me as if a blanket.
All off in the distance,
But still there.

Amidst us all,
There lies a light,
A beacon of hope,
A ball of fire.
She does not spin;
She dances.
We all revolve around her
For she is the center of the universe,
To all that know her.
But she doesn't conceive this.
When she leaves us one day,
(It is inevitable)
Our lives will whither and crumble away.
Leaving us no light,
No beacon of hope,
No fire in our lives.

Our lives will mean nothing,
Coldness will invade,
Our once warm lives.
In our hearts,
The empty void,
Never to be filled again,
Will leave us in darkness.

I am the Earth
They are The Stars
She is The Sun

No comments: