Friday, September 19, 2008

Let's start at the very beginning...

So here I am, yearning for change. But I guess in order to see and understand the change with which we seek, we need to know from whence we began (alliteration much?).

Name: Terry
Age: 30 (shudder...)
Height: 5'9" (and it's all torso)
Weight: 188 lbs (sadly...)
Sex: (rarely! oh, I mean...) Male
Status: Single (shocker!)
Occupation: Retail

So that's me in brief.

Now, let's disuss what is going to change.

Primarily, I want to get back to weight I was last year. at LEAST 154 lbs... 8 pounds away from my goal weight and I just throw it out the window! and for what? For a BOY? How rediculous...

Perhaps I should quit smoking (grumbles...), but then I'd have to find another hobby to look cool doing.

I did all ready change jobs, so that is a step in the proper direction. and oddly enough, I'm actually content with this one.

Need to change my financial situation. Save more. Spend Less. Good-bye couture...

Now, all those are rather superficial, tangable things that can be changed. Things one can measure from start to finish and see an end result. What about the intangables? Those abstract ideas like "serenity", "clarity" or indeed "happiness"... those are going to prove difficult to quantify.

It is my belief that in changing the tangables into what I to achieve, that will directly influence the intangables as well. We've all seen the effects: Loose weight, feel happier. Gain the same amount of weight back... feel ten times worse! But at least you get the idea...

Now, I'm not saying that I'm some sort of vain egomainac or anything (although if you know me, I pretend to be quite well!), I'm just a realist. I know that there are things about the world that make me unhappy that I can not change at all. Mostly everything except myself. So that's why were going on this mission. To make the world a better place because I am in it!

No comments: