Friday, September 19, 2008

How to change your life... (a Preamble)

So, I'm writing this little snippet mostly to pose the age-old question of whether or not someone can TRULY change who they are, or are they just destined to continue with the same cycles and routines they have experienced prior in life... Sure someone can change their job, their location, their hair color. But can anyone really change who they are intrinsicly to the core? Well... that's my new mission. I truly wanna at least TRY.

Now you may ask... Terry, what the hell? Where'd all this come from? Well, as some of you may know, years ago I lost someone truly important to me. And quite honestly, since then I've been kinda lost in the haze of trying to figure out who I am and what I'm going to do next. The anniversary of that event was just a while ago, and it's kinda been getting me thinking about a lot of things in life and why we do the things we do.
Then, one day I had a deep conversation with an old friend (and if you're reading this, you know who you are... and thanks, once again) and he put a lot of things into perspective. How the person I am today was not the person I wanted to be and how the things that I have done have radiated out and effected everyone else around me.

And we all know mama said you can't change the past... but what I want to do is really take a good shot at changing my future. Starting today.

Yeah, I know that EVERYONE has that kind of thing rolling around in their heads, but sometimes you just get sick of it. So instead of settling for the same old thing time after time, I wanna do something to change my life. So that's what this is all about. Me... trying to change me. Getting rebuilt from the ashes. Stronger... Faster... Better. Terry 2.0

No comments: